We have seen Maven in other posts (Basic Hibernate example with Apache Derby and Maven or Primeros pasos con Spring Android). To have a better idea of how Maven works I’m going to write a little introduction about Maven.
What is Maven?.
The Apache Maven project defines Maven as:
a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project’s build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information.
Maven goals are as follows:
- Making the build process easy.
- Providing a uniform build system.
- Providing quality project information.
- Providing guidelines for best practices development.
- Allowing transparent migration to new features.